Bush Welcomes President-Elect Obama To White House

Former presidents fundraise for Puerto Rico

A fundraising campaign launched by all five of the living former U.S. presidents has added Hurricane Maria, which hit Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands earlier this month, to its appeal for recovery relief.

The campaign, titled “One America Appeal,” will allow donors to contribute funds to United for Puerto Rico and The Fund for the Virgin Islands. Both are 501(c)(3) organizations.

Individuals can now donate to Hurricane Maria relief, as well as to recovery efforts for Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Harvey.

“Now individuals, foundations and institutions making tax deductible donations at OneAmericaAppeal.org may choose to assist all three recovery efforts from Hurricanes Harvey in Texas, Irma in Florida and Maria in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands — or to direct their donation to a specific recovery effort — using the drop-down menu in the website’s donation section,” the campaign said in a press release.

The campaign was first launched earlier this month after Harvey hit the Gulf Coast. It then expanded its fundraising efforts to Irma, the storm that hit Florida.

It is a joint effort on the parts of former Presidents Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

Read More

 


source: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/352260-former-presidents-fundraise-for-puerto-rico-disaster-relief


  • Hornet

    Fool me once shame on me. You won’t repeat. Remember Haiti.

  • George T Horvat

    “No fuuuuuuuuucking way!!! Bush and Clinton pocketed 90% of the Haitian money and now they join up with the biggest fraud of all time to try to suck more money out of us? No way, no way, no way!!!

    • gvette

      LOL..how did you figure Bush got anything?

      • George T Horvat

        Bush and Bill ran the whole show together. From what I’ve read something like 14% actually went to the Haitians. Where’s the other 86%? We’ve been told it went to pay “administrative costs.” Really? Bill couldn’t have stole a penny without Bush knowing about it. One and one equals two.

        • gvette

          Clintons raised money for the Haitians. The money went through the Clinton foundation. Most of which didn’t make it where it was supposed to go. Now, you tell me how Bush had anything to do with it.

  • megsue

    Haiti all over again! Obama want to get in on the action.

    • Gary Smith

      Just a photo op for him

  • Keith

    Don’t let the Clinton Foundation any where near this.

    • Gary Smith

      Well said

  • Jimwolf

    It’s about time these 5 F N clowns did something besides breakdance on President Trump’s floor.. If allowed to finish his agenda for America, President Trump will be the best one in the last 60 years.. His 8 years in office will be remembered throughout American & World history as the defining growth of the American way of life..

  • v349355

    Bush/Clintons and now Obama if Haiti was a lesson to keep the Clintons away, boy God Help Puerto Rico

  • Richard Bagenstose

    this will be like the clintons and haiti , you better put armed guards on the money or it will disapear

  • Janis

    So Trump campaign has given $3 million dollars. These 5 clowns ( taking Jimwolf’s description) have taken the opportunity to tell others to join their fundraising cabal to look like they are actually doing something. How about digging into their own pockets and possible off-shore accounts to donate their OWN money. Like Keith (post below) so rightly said – dont let the Clinton Foundation any where near this. Think about that people. If you want to give, give some other way. Not through these 5 who cannot get over Trump winning. They truly are a cabal.